A9 Roadworks between Broxden and Inveralmond, Perth
A9 ROADWORKS (BETWEEN BROXDEN AND INVERALMOND, PERTH)
In order to construct a new culvert for the Perth Lade major engineering works will be undertaken on the A9 dual carriageway. To facilitate this it is necessary to implement lane closures on the A9 in three phases.
- Phase 1 (26 February – 5 March 2017): Outside lane closures on northbound and southbound carriageways
- Phase 2 (6 March – 7 May 2017): Southbound lanes both closed, contra-flow with traffic on northbound carriageway
- Phase 3 (8 May – 29 June 2017): Northbound lanes both closed, contra-flow with traffic on southbound carriageway. The A85 slip roads will remain open but near the end of the works the northbound on slip will be closed with a signed diversion.
To minimise the need for future traffic restrictions some additional works will be carried out during these this 18 week period. These will require the A85 northbound merge slip to be closed near the end of the works. However, full details will be provided in advance.
Travel during the Works
During these periods delays will be inevitable and if your journey is essential during peak time periods, members of the public are advised to consider the following:
- Use public transport or car share (www.tactranliftshare.com or www.liftshare.com)
- Discuss shift patterns or working from home with your employer
- Plan your journey in advance and allow extra time. See www.trafficscotland.org for live journey time updates.
- Plan your travel over the Easter and May holidays in advance and check for live journey time updates.
For regular updates and information please visit the project website www.perthtransportfutures.co.uk or follow Twitter @PTFutures1
or contact Perth & Kinross Council during office hours:
Telephone: 01738 475000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org